In fact, most of us are not accustomed to having such a comfortable(!)conversation with native English teachers. When ordinary students(who just don't have chances to communicate with native speakers freely in classes) have a chance to talk with
Native speakers, they are just sweating and getting nervous. Well so do I. If lucky, teachers try to understand the meaning of what they just said about and help them. I believe we just learn languages, whatever they are, in order to make ourselves understood in them. I don't think we learn languages to boast of our doing well in grammar or something. The basic and most important goal is giving and receiving our thoughts freely in any other languages.
So, i want to be an English teacher who is very friendly, which means students can have a talk with me freely in English. Well, in order to do that, i should try to make such an environment for them to be exposed to English very much and not to input English into them but to make them feel the peace ultimately throught their whole body by speaking in English.
I can't agree with you more! You have a thoughtful and healthy vision of your dream. Way to go!
답글삭제